- Specially formulated to help achieve optimal enteral nutrient intake.
- A food for special medical purposes to supplement preterm breastmilk.
- Suitable for low birth weight (LBW) and preterm babies
- The only human milk fortifier in Ireland to fully comply with ESPGHAN (2010)
- Supports bone growth and mineralisation (with extra energy, protein, vitamins and minerals) (ESPGHAN 2010)
- Can be added to a mother’s own breastmilk or donor breastmilk
100% extensively hydrolysed protein
50:50 whey: casein ratio
Vitamins & minerals
This is a hospital and pharmacy only product.
Recommendations for key nutrients in preterm and low birthweight babies weighing 1-1.8kg1
- Agostoni C et al., J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2010 Jan;50(1):85-91
- Tsang RC et al., 2005. Nutrition of the preterm infant. Scientific basis and practical application., 2nd ed. Cincinnati: Digital Educational Publishing Inc.
- EFSA, Agostoni C et al., Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies (NDA). 2014. Scientific Opinion on the essential composition of infant and follow-on formulae. EFSA Journal 12:3760
- SMA HCP product datacards (www.smahcp.ie). Last accessed: October 2017.
Food for special medical purposes (FSMP). For the dietary management of specific diseases, disorders, or medical conditions for which the product is intended, after full consideration of feeding options including breastfeeding. Only to be used under medical supervision.