- A food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of preterm and low birthweight babies on discharge from hospital
- Nutrient-rich post discharge formula to support catch-up growth and development in preterm and low-birthweight babies
- Only post discharge formula enriched with Prebiotic Oligosaccharides, LCPs, Nucleotides, Vitamins and Minerals
- Clinically proven to support catch up growth1-2 (Both body weight and length)
- Ensures optimum bone development and mineralisation (With 85% more calcium and 81% more phosphorus compared to a standard formula)3
- Fully complies with the most up to date medical position on post discharge nutrition4
LCP’s, including phospholipid-bound LCP’s (PL-LCP)
60:40 whey: casein ratio
Available in hospitals and pharmacy only.
Comparison chart outlining nutrients to support preterm and low birthweight babies upon discharge
- Cooke RJ et al., Ped Res 1998;43:355-60.
- Cooke RJ et al., Ped Res 1999; 46:461-4. 3. Cooke RJ et al. Ped Res 2001; 49:719-22.
- Bishop NJ et al., Arch Dis Child 1993; 68:573-578.
- Aggett PJ et al., J Pediatric Gastroenterol Nutr 2006; 42:596-603.
- SMA HCP product datacards (www.smahcp.ie). Last accessed: October 2017.
** scGOS: short chain galacto-oligosaccharides. lcFOS: long chain fructo-oligosaccharides
Food for special medical purposes (FSMP). For the dietary management of specific diseases, disorders, or medical conditions for which the product is intended, after full consideration of feeding options including breastfeeding. Only to be used under medical supervision. For enteral use only.