- A food for special medical purpose for the dietary management of preterm and low birthweight babies
- Nutritionally complete
- Fully complies with the latest guidelines for a low birthweight formula1
- With LCPs (AA and DHA) in recommended amounts1. DHA supports normal visual development of infants up to 12 months of age (the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 100 mg of DHA)2
- With optimum levels of calcium and phosphorus1. Calcium and phosphorus are needed for the normal growth and development of bone in children3-4
- Provides clinically proven digestive care (With prebiotic oligosaccharides at similar levels to breastmilk)5-6
LCP’s including phospholipid-bound LCP’s (PL-LCP)
60:40 whey: casein ratio
This is a hospital only product.
The first and only fully ESPGHAN – compliant preterm range^1,7
- ESPGHAN (2010).
- The EFSA Journal (2009) 941, 1-14.
- The EFSA Journal (2008) 826, 1-11.
- The EFSA Journal (2008) 895, 1-10.
- Mihatsch WA et al., Acta Paediatr. 2006;95(7):843-8.
- Boehm G et al., Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2002;86(3):F178-81
- Aggett PJ et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr., 2006;42:596-603.
- SMA HCP product datacards (www.smahcp.ie). Last accessed: October 2017.
Food for special medical purposes (FSMP). For the dietary management of specific diseases, disorders, or medical conditions for which the product is intended, after full consideration of feeding options including breastfeeding. Only to be used under medical supervision.