May help delay early weaning in babies who are bottlefed from birth1.
Babies should not be weaned onto solids before 17 weeks2 yet one study showed that 23% of babies in Ireland are weaned onto solids before the age of 12 weeks3.
- Casein-dominant (casein is more slowly digested than whey which may help baby to feel fuller for longer4)
- With our unique patented blend of prebiotic oligosaccharides (scGOS/lcFOS*) (0.8g/100mls)
- LCPs (AA and DHA) to support normal visual development of infants up to 12 months5
*scGOS: Short chain galacto-oligosaccharides; lcFOS: long chain fructo-oligosaccharides
Available in retail stores and selected pharmacies.
- Bleakney G (2006) Infant Feeding Guidelines, EHSSB.
- Food Safety Authority of Ireland (2011) Best Practice for Infant Feeding in Ireland – a guide for healthcare professionals.
- Tarrant RC et al. (2010) Br J Nutr 104 (10):1544-54.
- C. Billeaud et al., (1990). Eur J Clin Nutr.;44(8):577-83.
- The EFSA Journal (2009) 941, 1-14
Breastfeeding is best for babies and will protect them from illnesses such as ear infections, stomach upsets, diabetes, eczema and obesity. Cow & Gate infant milks are intended to replace breastmilk when mothers cannot or choose not to breastfeed. It is recommended that all formula milks be used on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian, pharmacist or other professional responsible for maternal and child care.