- Cow & Gate comfort is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of colic and constipation
- It is a thicker feed, which contains a unique mix of ingredients including partially hydrolysed protein, a lower lactose level, structured vegetable oil
- Cow & Gate comfort also contains our unique patented blend of prebiotic oligosaccharides (scGos/lcFos)* (0.8g/100mls) clinically proven to increase bifidobacteria levels and soften stools1
- Research has shown that 95% of paediatricians reported 95% significant improvements in babies’ symptoms when they switched to Cow & Gate comfort2
- Cow & Gate comfort milk is suitable from birth as a sole source of nutrition for bottlefed infants and as part of a balanced diet from 6 months
- A variable or fast flow teat is recommended. Stools will be looser in consistency and greener in colour, similar to that of a breastfed infant3
- Click here for more information
*scGOS: Short chain galacto-oligosaccharides; lcFOS: long chain fructo-oligosaccharides
Available in retail stores and selected pharmacies.
- Moro G. et al., (2002) J. Paediatr Gastroenterol Nutr.; 34:291-295
- Savino F et al. Acta Paediatricia Supp 2003;441:86-90.
- Schmelzle H et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2003; 36:343-351.
Cow & Gate comfort is a food for special medical purposes. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full
consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition
for infants from birth, and as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. View Cow & Gate Specials Datacard