- Cow & Gate anti-reflux is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of reflux & regurgitation.
- It is a nutritionally complete thickened formula suitable from birth and as part of a weaning diet from 6 months to 1 year.
- Cow & Gate anti-reflux is specially formulated with carob bean gum, which thickens the formula on mixing and remains thick in the stomach1, reducing the incidence of regurgitation2-5
- Added LCPs for brain, eye and nervous system development6-7, and nucleotides which support growth of the infant8-9.
- Cow & Gate anti-reflux should not be used in combination with antacids or other feed thickeners
- Available in retail stores and selected pharmacies.
- Danone Research (Data on file).
- Wenzl TG et al. J Paediatr 2003;111:e355-9.
- Grosse K et al. Kinderarztliche Praxis 1998;69:204-10.
- Vandenplas Y et al. Eur J Pediatr 1994;153:419-23.
- Borrelli O et al. Ital J Gastroenterol Hepatol 1997;29:237-42.
- Makrides M et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2000;7:120-9.
- Koletzko B et al. J Perinat Med 2008;36:5-14.
- Maldonado J et al. Early Hum Dev 2001;65(Suppl):S69-74.
- Pickering LK et al. Pediatrics 1998;101:242-9.
Cow & Gate anti-reflux is a food for special medical purposes. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full
consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition
for infants from birth, and as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months.