Terms & Conditions
- This site is produced by Cow & Gate for your information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse this site.
- The site and its contents are designed to comply with Irish laws and regulations and are intended for use by Irish residents only. Cow & Gate makes no warranty or representation that any information contained in this site is relevant or appropriate to other locations.
- This site offers you the option of viewing information about Cow & Gate infant milks. If you choose to view this information you are accepting that Cow & Gate is supplying this information at your individual request for information and education purposes only. Cow & Gate makes no warranty or representation as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information.
- Use of this site is at your own risk. Neither Cow & Gate or any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the site is liable (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive loss or damages, loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts, loss of data or any other loss arising out of your access to, or use of, the site. This includes damage to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment. This does not affect Cow & Gate liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation or any liability that by law cannot be excluded. Without limiting the foregoing everything on the site is provided to you ‘as is’ without any warranties as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or otherwise. All warranties, conditions, representations, undertakings, obligations and terms (express or implied by statute, common law, course of dealing or otherwise) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties so check your local laws.
- The copyright to the contents of this site and all other intellectual property rights in this site belongs to Cow & Gate. All rights are reserved. Users may download materials for their own personal, non-commercial use, provided all copyright and other proprietary notices are kept intact. The copying, redistribution, re-posting, publication, adaptation or alteration of any part of this site for any public or commercial purposes is prohibited without written prior permission from Cow & Gate.
- The trademarks, logos, characters and service marks (collectively the ‘Trademarks’) displayed on the site are registered or unregistered trademarks of Cow & Gate. Nothing contained in this site grants or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in and to the trademarks without the express written permission of Cow & Gate. Your use of the Trademarks and contents of the site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are advised that Cow & Gate will aggressively enforce their intellectual property rights in the site and its contents to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal sanctions.
- Images of people or places displayed on the site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Cow & Gate. The use of these images by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or by specific permission elsewhere on the site. Unauthorised use of images may violate copyright, trademark, privacy and/or publicity laws as well as communications regulations and statutes.
- The content and general health information presented in this site is for information, education and communication purposes only and is not intended to be used for diagnostic treatment or other purposes. Cow & Gate disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from reliance on the information for any purpose. Please consult your doctor or family member’s doctor for medical advice.
- Personal information voluntarily submitted to Cow & Gate via the site, such as interactive registration, may be used by Cow & Gate. Please see our Privacy Statement for details of such use.
- Any communication or material which you transmit to Cow & Gate through this website or otherwise via the Internet will be treated as confidential. Any communications and other material which you send to Cow and Gate are and shall remain the property of Cow & Gate and may be used for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise without compensation.
- This site may contain links to other sites. Cow & Gate is not responsible for the content of any other site or for on-going review of other sites. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply endorsement by Cow and Gate. Cow & Gate is not responsible for these websites or their content of their availability. Your linking to any other sites is at your own risk and Cow & Gate accepts no loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Hyper-linking to this site, in any manner, is not permitted without Cow & Gate’s written permission.
- Cow & Gate does not represent or warrant that this, or any site to which ours is linked, will be accessible or available on a timely basis, or that access to the same will be uninterrupted or error free.
- Cow & Gate reserves the right to alter, amend or delete material from the site at any time. Cow & Gate makes no representation that the content of the site is up to date.
- Cow & Gate may, at any time, revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should, therefore, periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
- Cow & Gate will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- These terms are governed by Irish law and Irish courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and any suit, action or proceedings will be brought in such courts.
Important Notice: Breastfeeding is best for your baby as it is perfectly suited to nourish infants and protect them from illnesses such as ear infections, stomach upsets, diabetes, eczema and obesity. It is important that, in preparation for and during breastfeeding, you eat a healthy, balanced diet. Combined breast and bottle feeding in the first weeks of life may reduce the supply of your own breastmilk, and reversing the decision not to breastfeed is difficult. The social and financial implications of using an infant milk should be considered. Improper use of an infant milk or inappropriate foods or feeding methods may present a health hazard. If you use an infant milk, you should follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use carefully – failure to follow the instructions may make your baby ill. Always consult your doctor, midwife, public health nurse or health visitor for advice about feeding your baby.